Sunday, August 12, 2012

A future letter: "40 years from now"

"40 years from today"

To my dearest friend,

     Dia duit! conas atá tú? How's your life? It's been years since we last talked. I am residing now here in Ireland with my husband ____________________. I'm sure you know him cause he is my boyfriend since I'm at 20's. Fortunately, we have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. We really had a tough time on our first 10 years here figuring out our lives together. Luckily we've found our path unwinding. My husband and i decided to live here permanently.
                                                                       
Let me tell you about our wonderful kids...

Our first born, ELISHANTA CHARDENISSE (girl) finished her law degree here in Ireland. She's a very intelligent lady like her father. When she was a kid, she argued and fought her drunken father because my husband had a fling. She is a very strong mother now living with her own family with one kid in Carrickfergus. As i recall, she knew how to take care of our family and i believe that is what she's applying to her own now. We already have a loving grand child. Oh my God, Lolo and lola na kami for 5 years. =)

Our second child, my first son ARJITE CERCES just graduated in college and he's planning to take up his masters degree in Australia next year. We already have an engineer in our family yey. He was a shy typical man who knows only his best friend, family and music so I never thought that he'll have a lot of girls. He became playboy after his best friend married a business man in America when they were separated by fate. My boy has changed a lot and is maturing when it comes to love. After a few years of being broken he met this Filipina in a gathering. He said that after his masters degree, he'll marry that girl who love him at all times, his girlfriend for years now. I'm always excited about his shaking-sweet stories cause i can relate, thinking about my years of loving his father, kinikilig parin ako every now and then. Oh by the way they just got engaged last month. Remember when i was talking to you about proposals? He did it with the help of his father! =)

Our third child is named CLYDE XERDEN, still a high school student and a music genius, he's now conducting their choir at school and at church. Oh, he sings very very well he has a lovely angelic voice. One time this summer he asked me a lot of things from my past. Because he knows that i am very active at church and i had friends in the seminary (who are now priests) at my younger years, I gave him a mother's piece of advice. My son feels that he has a calling for priesthood, and he's thinking about trying that vocation. Now i know the feeling of a mother where she might not see any grand child from her baby boy. But whatever path he'll chose I'll never stop supporting him. I'll always be proud of him whatever he may be. I was just so surprised when he revealed that to me and to his father. =)

And then at last we have our baby girl, the youngest, SETHENA DRIXANIELLA who is still a ys 7 student. Like us she is very talented. Our baby girl love arts, music, fashion and business. I think she'll be a very good artist someday. She got everything we have. She's the spoiled lil' brat of my husband. What a very gorgeous baby. =)

I am very blessed with my family life here. My husband and i are still in the shipping and general merchandise business. Since we'll be celebrating our 25th year of having the business, on January we'll visit Philippines again and we'll to try to build a small foundation that would be a shelter of our homeless elderly people.  Time to return and give back the favors we received from our God.

On our 40th anniversary this October, me and my husband are planning to have a long vacation in ph. We'll visit our home, the STO. DOMINGO CHURCH, Q.C. we're devotees of La Naval de Manila, Our Lady of the Holy Rosary so we'll join the yearly 9 days novena and grand procession. We'll celebrate the birthdays of my parents as well. Then we'll visit Ilocos or Batanes, and we'll climb Mt. Pulag where he proposed to me way back. So I hope you can join us there. Can you imagine? We've been married for 40 years and still counting. They say we no longer look a lot than our actual age, we look younger and healthier. Hahaha We've changed a lot. Our relationship grows stronger and deeper each day. He still want my cupcakes present when we'll date in MOA. I never thought I'll  have him like this and that he'll take care of me always. I'm very thankful and grateful to our Father in heaven because of this wonderful life he has bestowed upon us.

Oh well, there are a lot to say about my life. I'm very proud of it, happy and blessed with my life my dear friend. I can't wait to hear your stories so i hope you'll write some for me too. I can't promise to chat with you often but just leave me an email and i'll respond as quickly as i can. Do not hesitate to talk to me okay? Share. I am hoping to see you and your life this October. I miss you my friend, take care. Love lots.

Sincerely yours,

-Cha

No comments:

Post a Comment