Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Love, so divine.

Hello friends! Maybe you haven't seen this very good 2004 Korean romantic comedy film under the directorial debut of Heo In-moo. I fetched the links together from youtube so you can watch it whole in this page. It's a story of a young seminarian who falls in love with a chic young woman and soon he must choose between his religious calling or the love he has for the woman.
Kim Gyu-Shik (Kwon Sang-Woo) the main character is a serious young man who has always worked towards his life ambition... to serve God as a Catholic priest. When he gets assigned to a small church in rural Korea, Gyu-Shik meets the Pastor's niece, Bong-Hee (Ha Ji-Won) who has just come back from the United States. Of course films like this always have a happy ending story.



Makes me wonder did the writer/s had the same experience? I wonder if
the writer did changed his/her bitter ending in reality so to make the
audiences believe in the power of romantic love? The actors did it very
well. Sometimes i replay the film because it has been one of my
favorites.

My honest fair share: I admire them for making things right, for being
courageous enough, and for choosing what they really love. I had no idea
 why he wanted me to see this film at first but soon after watching, I
saw my self to Bong-hee having the same struggles. I knew choosing
between two good paths is as difficult as you can never imagine. Our
ending was the reverse side of their choice. But however in any way my
friend and I promised to each other that we'll be happy with what we'd
chose, with what we deserve, wherever we are, and whatever we do. 3
weeks after my arrival in Copenhagen we decided to let the love fly by.
Well I guess I have to embrace my choice. So.... To myself, you're
on your way, keep on going and smile. ;)

5 comments:

  1. awww.... hugs, Cha! just remember that in this lifetime, we will all have different stories with different people. and some stories are just intermissions to the main event/act. I know that your story is just brewing, that your prince will come and that in time, you will "live happily ever after" with the one your heart deserves. :)

    i'll be praying for you. I miss you, my dear friend.

    love,
    Ate Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :') Hhuuugg! Yes that is right and i pray too ate. I really miss you too. Thank you for always dropping by ate... I miss and love you too! :')

      Delete
  2. ...... not yet and still ... will see ......what will be will be.... :) just leave your story sleeping moment in ur pass and now continue your new life ..... be fresh :) ok young girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so glad I was able to read this blog. Its been 8 years since you wrote this and I hope you're doing well!!! Your story is really great and very touching!! "After all, Life is beautiful." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am sorry for 2 years late reply. Is it kuya Allex b? Thank you. I wasn't aware of your comment until i checked today if my blog is existing. Yes I do want to write more and i actually have a lot of drafts to share but i never really finish the stories and then i often get stuck in the process of publishing. I hope you are also doing great right now. :)

      Delete